So, you’re a realtor that has a property you’re trying to sell in Brookfield. While you may want to hurry up and just get your real estate sign set up so that you can make the sale, we will caution you to not jump the gun just yet. There are a few rules and regulations regarding this kind of exterior sign in the town of Brookfield. You don’t want to get into trouble, after all, let alone get slapped with a fine. Let’s look at a few of the do’s and don’ts of installing real estate signs in this area.
First, Review the Rules
Here are the rules for designing and installing real estate signs in Brookfield:
- Do Make Your Sign the Right Size: The maximum size for this kind of sign should be 24 square feet. Your sign can be smaller than this, but cannot exceed this amount.
- Do Be Aware of the Amount of Signage: Only one real estate sign is allowed per property. The exception to this is if the property you want the sign on has frontage on two streets. Then, one sign can be permitted for each street frontage.
- Don’t Block any Lines of Sight: This is an important one. Your sign should not block any lines of sight for drivers. This includes streets and drives as well as walkways. This will be determined by the Zoning Enforcement Officer.
- Don’t Block the Right of Way: You are not allowed to put your real estate sign in any state or town right of way. Like the above restriction, this is for safety reasons.
- Do be Aware of Property Lines: Real estate signs should not be placed closer than four feet from the line of your property.
- Do Utilize Roadside Signs: You are allowed to add your sign to below a properly permitted roadside sign. This is a great way to help increase the views of your sign.
Then, Get Your Permit
The permit for real estate signs for the town of Brookfield is located here. Note that if you do not comply with the standard listed, you may receive punishment for it. Also note that any sign must be approved with the signature of the Acting Zoning Enforcement Officer.
Get Your Real Estate Signs Today
So, now that you’re educated about the requirements for installing real estate signs in Brookfield, CT, give Unlimited Signs a call. We are your signage source, and we’d love to help you design and install a sign that follows the rules. Contact us today for a free quote.